Friday, April 22, 2011

A Look Back

I posted this on a short lived blog about a year ago before Evan got me my very own website (what what) and thought it would be fun to bring these memories back to center stage.


I am eagerly anticipating summer and excited about celebrating our first anniversary! Crazy to think it's already been a year since all these unforgettable moments. This was by far the best summer of my life.


First: Bridesmaid's Luncheon and Rehearsal Dinner
I got to kick off the wedding festivities with my girls. We had a snazzy lunch at my mom's friend's house and got to laugh and play dress up before everything started. I have the best friends ever. 
At the Bridesmaids Luncheon---alll my favorites in one place. The beginning of the perfect weekend. 


I did alot of planning for our big day, so there were little to no surprises along the way. The rehearsal dinner on the other hand was in Evan's hands and the very capable hand of Blanche and Lisa. Pulling up to my very own message from Frenchy was a life long dream realized. I didn't know I had that dream until that night. It was a glorious, orange-filled moment.



Second up: Wedding


This is where it all started. I know everyone says their wedding was the best day ever, and I am just going to join the club. I LOVED every minute. Probably because I got pampered all day long, but every moment, laugh, tear, smile, dance... was perfect. I love to relive this day! Thanks to Aves, we can!
The guys. 


Sweet moments. 

The girls. 

Third: HONEYMOON!
After months of planning and waiting and stressing out, we got to go on vacation. Of course, I managed to add more stress to the whole weekend by not realizing my passport had expired until Thursday night. Thanks to Congressman Michael Burgess and his wonderful assistant, I was official again within 24 hours. I'm not sure where the tradition of the honeymoon started, but that was one very smart bride and groom. It was the best feeling in the world to hop on a plane the next day with my HUSBAND and just get to be alone with him for awhile. We stayed at a wonderful resort in Cancun and didn't leave the property for four days. Sleeping, eating, laying out, reading... just what we needed. 
The perfect spot--under the shade, by the quiet pool, overlooking the beach. Evan would wake up early to go claim these chairs. What a guy! 
Sitting with Mr. Vierling .... the hotel mixed up our names  during our stay. Evan put up with it and I laughed every time room service came to our room. 
So much delicious food....


When we got home, we were able to celebrate with two very important guys... our dads! I'm glad we made it back in time for Father's Day. 



Last, but not Least: Sonoma, CA
After being in our new home for about 2 weeks, we set off again- this time to California! We were so blessed by Evan's mom and stepdad Bill with this once-in-a-lifetime family trip to the wine country. We stayed at a wonderful little bed and breakfast and spent alot of time just laughing and talking with everyone. I am so lucky to have acquired so many fun brothers and sisters! 
We got to see the Golden Gate Bridge with Alex, Suzanne and Perry. It was very windy up on this hill and I think this picture captures the moment perfectly. 


The best part of the week was definitely the Seqway wine tour. Add motorized toys to a few sips of wine and turn 12 adults loose... it is sure to be a good time. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. 

And now here we are, almost two months into marriage and we've been home for maybe a month of that time. We are happy, traveled and probably spoiled. And we like it. 

Can't wait to see what we get ourselves into this summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment