Friday, May 13, 2011

Before and After

Evan and I love to find random stuff at garage sales. The table I am sitting at actually was probably our best find yet. You can tell it was well-loved (read: scratched by wild animals) in its previous life, but it fits our kitchen perfectly and most important-- it was dirt cheap!


 I knew Evan and I were a good match when he told me that one of his favorite things about me was my ability to see potential in junk. Ahhh... true love. 

It wasn't exactly true love when I met this stool. 

Stained cushion didn't do anything to win me over...

But, to give him credit, he was free. I thought a little makeover might work wonders. The wood was in decent condition and I knew I'd get to use my staple gun. Decision made. 

Notice the grandma-esque plastic feet added on.

Turns out, this little stool spruced up quite nicely.  A few coats of dark stain and a scrap of fabric I had left over from another project and voila! Brand new stool. 

Plastic footies gone, dark ebony finish, and fun flowers!

I have no idea where to put it, but who can turn down free furniture? 

The little stool in action! 

2 comments: